OR Download the ‘print at home’ form below → print it at home → bring along to complete on the day (don’t forget your pen or pencil!)
Forms can be submitted online or post at Tea Inc. or Devizes Books before 4pm on the day! • Prizewinners will be informed by 14th September 2020
Help the heart of Devizes’ independent retail sector to bounce back
We invite you to come and visit our high street shops and support them now and into the future – let’s get back on our feet!
Over 60 Independent retailers, cafés, restaurants and other businesses across Devizes will be taking part as we aim to boost the town post-COVID. Moe than £200 worth of prizes and vouchers have been kindly donated by participating retailers and eateries, including cream teas, free hair and beauty treatments, flower seeds, gifts and craft items, £25 book voucher, trial gym membership wroth £60 and more.
We’ve worked with Devizes Town Council to organise this ‘indieDAY’ to celebrate the large and diverse independent selection available to Devizes residents, locals and visitors, with social distancing at the core of the organisation of the day.
Our event has been hugely supported by Devizes Town Council, which has installed a new seating area in the Market Place for use by local café-users and visitors. A cross-party group of local politicians came together to support @indiedevizes, along with a many local businesses.
Launched at 10am in the Market Place by the Mayor, Chris Gay, and Danny Kruger MP, here are some of the things happening during the day…
- indieTRAIL– visit seven independent retailers with the indieDAY map for a chance to win one o three hampers packed with indie goodies or an individual prize for the most interesting comment on the day. Entries will be entered in a prize draw and there will be several prizes for the most interesting comments
- Musicians in the Brittox (socially distanced) to entertain visitors enjoying refreshments from local cafes and restaurants
- U25s pop-up craft stalls in the Shambles, along with the regular Saturday traders – see www.devizesmarkets.org.uk Our pop-ups were filled within days but if you want to join a waiting list for the shambles Craft Markets in future contact Mark.Hill@devizes-tc.gov.uk
- Devizes Donkeys will be in the Market Place
- The Wild Man with the wild flowers will be walking the street offering advice and seeds to those wishing to start an eco-friendly garden
- Farmers’ Market (from 9am)