Make sure you eat all the right stuff
When we change our diets, we naturally worry about getting all the important vitamins and minerals we need.
As the days go by we’ll be giving you more detailed information about essential nutrition and where you can get it.
But for today, we have a quick overview.
The key nutrients to think about…
…and where to get them
- Protein – beans, greens, peas, tofu, nuts, rice, wholeweat pasta, wholewheat bread.
- Vitamin B12 – Marmite, nutritional yeast, fortified plant milks and cereals.
- Omega-3 – ground flax seed, chia seeds, walnuts.
- Omega-6 – sunflower oil, nuts, seeds.
- Calcium – kale, brocolli, some fortified plant milks & fortified soya yoghurts.
- Iron – dark leafy veg, dark chocolate, sweet potato.
for more info visit: www.veganuary.com