Biotic Plus contains 9 different probiotic strains, plus a small amount of prebiotic FOS. Biotic plus is designed to help balance the intestinal flora of both adults(up to their early 40’s) and children aged 4 years and over.
Recommended intake – 1 to 2 capsules daily (or as recommended by a practitioner), taken on an empty stomach 1 hour after meals.
Why have we chosen several strains of bacteria?
The more complementary active strains which are present, the greater the beneficial activity. There are many environmental factors prevalent today which adversely affect the balance of probiotic bacteria in our intestine, making it ideal to have more of the naturally-occurring strains available in probiotic supplements. This 9-strain product has been developed with this in mind.
Probiotic Plus contains a small amount of FOS, plus the following strains of probiotic bacteria:
· R Lactobacillus acidophilus
· R Lactobacillus rhamnosus
· R Lactococcus lactis
· R Bifidobacterium Breve
· R Bifidobacterium Bifidum
· R Bifidobacterium longum
· R Streptococcus thermophilus
· R Lactobacillus casei
· R Lactobacillus plantarum
The blend of lactobacilli, lactococci, streptococci and bifidobacteria allows for the probiotic effects to be exerted in both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon, thus balancing the whole intestinal flora. Moreover, since the probiotic effect is strain-dependent, with each strain serving a specific inhibition purpose, these 9 probiotic strains combined act synergistically to combat intestinal infections and to stimulate the body’s natural defences.
There are 3 billion active probiotic bacteria in each capsule, which are stable at room temperature for a year.
BENEFITS OF THE PROBIOTIC PLUS
· Contains 9 probiotic strains with wide ranging activity
· Acid and bile-resistant strains used
· Stable at room temperature – no need to refrigerate
· Ideal for maintenance for both children and adults
· Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
· Dairy free
· Ideal for travel
PROBIOTIC PLUS MAY BE USED TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING:
· Susceptibility to intestinal upsets for adults and children, including diarrhoea and constipation
· Foreign travel
· IBS-type symptoms
· Lactose intolerance
· Immune system support
· On-going bowel support, especially if the diet contains high amounts of processed foods