A Wholefood vegan vitamin D3 supplement made from lichen. This is one of very few vitamin D3 products that is suitable for vegans, with most other supplements using animal sourced material (e.g. lanolin from sheep’s wool).
– Vitamin D is an important nutrient for many aspects of health.
– Many sectors of the population have been found to have suboptimal levels, particularly during the winter months.
– Our High Potency Vitamin D3 tablets offer 62.5g (2,500 iu) per tablet.
Permitted Health Claims:
Vitamin D contributes to:
– normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, normal blood calcium levels, the maintenance of normal bones, muscle function and teeth, the normal function of the immune system.
– Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division.
– Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older.
Suggested Intake: 1 tablet daily as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner.